Tampa Wrongful Death Attorneys
The loss of a family member can be devastating. This is especially true when a loved one is taken from us because of someone else's carelessness. Families in this situation deserve justice.
Following the death of a loved one, we understand that it is a challenging time and that there are countless things that must be done, such as notifying friends and family members, making funeral arrangements, and dealing with life insurance companies. As difficult is these things may be, if your family member's death could have been avoided, you should contact an experienced wrongful death attorney to investigate the death and give you sound legal advice on how to move forward.
Understanding the Damages Available to the Family in a Wrongful Death Case
Unfortunately, the death of a loved one may have serious financial consequences, which may include the loss of a significant amount of a family's income.
Florida's Wrongful Death Act gives family members the right to seek damages against those responsible. These damages include
- lost support and services
- lost spousal companionship and protection
- lost parental companionship and protection, instruction, and guidance
- pain and suffering
- medical and funeral expenses
- lost earnings
Choose the Right Lawyer, Right Away
When choosing an attorney to represent your family for the wrongful death of a loved one, you should select a lawyer that has experience in handling these complex matters , is willing to go the distance, and has the skills and knowledge to maximize your family's recovery. If you have a question or want to learn more, please contact us.
What We've Achieved on Behalf of Deceased Family Members
- Reached a significant settlement on behalf of a grieving family following the death of a young man who was the victim of a senseless and violent crime in the parking lot of an establishment that failed to protect the safety of its customers.
- Successfully represented the estate of a young mother who passed away in an airplane crash caused by an inexperienced pilot who was travelling in dangerous weather conditions and beyond his capabilities.